Friday, September 26, 2008

Tainted Milk

This tainted milk matter really make everybody headache. Even my mum who used to fanatically pro China worried about the safety of Anlene Milk Powder which she consume twice daily. She urged me to called the customer services and asked where the milk came from specially after learned that Anlene is under Fonterra company. Gladly the customer services told me that Anlene Indonesia's milk are all from New Zealand (hmmmm how if she lied???)
Then I remembered DH, just a few months back, used to drink Dutch Lady UTH milk twice daily which is imported from Singapore and Singapore imported some of their milk from China...pengan....But considering that DH daily drink 4-5 liter of water (he is also a Water Gallon like me)there is no likely that the melamine residue has chance to crystallize in his kidney (I hope... I pray...)
Then I checked, Megan milk powder , Procal Gold, by Wyeth also under Fonterra Company (this company is damn big, it is New Zealand's largest company and controls about a third of the world's dairy exports and produce a lot a lot brand of milk) luckily on the tin note that the milk was produced in New Zealand... meaning... logically... that it's impossible that New Zealand, a milk producer itself will painstakingly imported milk from China, right? But then there is a troubling thought, how is the country production is not enough and they have to imported it? Aiyo... I'm really scare and worry lah....I even not dare to finished my half opened soy milk powder produced by Brilliant, China. Help!!!!!!

This food safety issue must me put ahead in every countries otherwise we, the consumer, will get the hit worst!

Every time I thought or talked about the 54.000 sick babies and the 12.300 of them who must be hospitalize in China, really make me mad and sad, what if it happened to my baby instead? Gosh, they are all still very small and delicate and helpless but have to endure so much pain. Pity..pity.. life really not fair...
Just to imagine having crystal stone in kidney and the pain every time have the urge to pee make my heart knotted, make me goose bump. So sad....
Is making money is so much important that have to push aside all the logic and feeling and 'forced' the children sacrificed their health instead? Why the world have turn so cruel today? What's wrong with this people? What's possessed their mind?
Oh... I really fell unsafe.......

No comments: