Monday, February 9, 2009

kefir II

Well, my first and second batch kefir milk turned out to be matured too fast. First batch matured in 14 hours and instead of putting the kefir milk container in the cool box with ice cubes (to controlled the temperature around 15'as the seller suggested me to) ,I put it in my easiyo yoghurt maker container with some ice cubes plus ice water in it. And turned out, again too active, matured in 20 hours.
For the third batch, I , again put it into easyo container, but with alot ice cubes plus cold water and adding more ice cubes every 6 hours. The result: too de-active grain( slap fore head ) not even any curdling after 24 hours. *sight* I store it now in the cupboard, already showing some coagulation, hah!!!!really I think i must invested freezer thermometer for the future batches.
For anyone interested or curious about kefir, you can browse to http://www.kefir.org/kefir_manual.htm

No comments: