Saturday, February 14, 2009

Money and Friend

I met an ex- gym friend in the mall just now. We used to be very closed friend back then. We cried on each other shoulder and pour our heart out.
Then, she moved to another gym because of some reasons, but still we're closed. We smses almost daily and able to smses until midnight.
Then one day she called me because her hubby was caught by government for being accused of corruption (her hubby has some government project)and asked my uncle help. My uncle did made some call and pulled some strings but then told me he could not help him because it was full of political complication. My uncle did gave her some advices and told her not to trusted outsider too much because they tend to get advantage from her.
I was sad for her for not able to help her and kept pushing my uncle to help him. That time my uncle told me: 'don't be so stupid, we already did our best to help them so take easy and by the time, it will alright'
She was advised another way by someone and she decided to follow them. But still I tried to be her pal and always be there for her.
Then, to cut it short, her hubby was released, as my uncle said.
But for all of sudden, I lost a pal, she put distance between us. And we barely communicated with each other.
Her hubby's now very rich and they moved to a luxury house.
When we met just now, I felt a 'pang' of sadness, she's so snob, just said 'hi' and seem eager to fled away, I approached her but she stepped back, so I just stay put and smile, chatted a bit and said 'goodbye'.
Well, money , a lot of money can really change people, even the one closed to you.

No comments: