Thursday, July 24, 2008

Man in Delivery Room

Did your DH accompanying you in delivery room when you about to labor? Mine was. Although he dare not to stare at me but kept staring on the wall (poor DH) I was glad that he was there for me. Then when Megan was born, still covered with blood and all, he looked at the little baby and talked to her softly, and to my amazed (for information, that time my doctor was still stitching my down there) She stop crying(screaming actually) and looked at him with her still blurred-non-focused eyes.
That will be in my memory forever.
But then, after a year, we were playing with Megan, I said:
Me: Megan want little dedek ma?
DH: Megan doesn't need little dedek, just mama and papa lah... and he kiss her
Me: No lah, she will become selfish and doesn't know how to share
DH: Megan has many cousin mah? She play with them often. Will not turn into selfish child
Me: Still, not the same with sibling lah
DH: Then , we adopt little mei mei for her loh...
Me: HAH? You crazy what? I don't want to adopt lah, How if I can't love them the same? No lah, I can still pregnant and give Megan dedek.
DH: Hon, I can bear to let you endure another suffering and painfully moment to give birth lah....
Me:...............
DH: That time, It must be very painful that at the last moment you asked for cesarean instead (glup... true... my pain resistance is always low, I even asked my dentist to give me anesthetic shot because I was scare, but when gave birth, many said that Epidural shot has effect on our spine , so, I dare myself to resist the shot, and.. predicable,at last minutes, I can't bear any more, I asked doctor for the shot or cesarean but he denied me and said gently to me: too late, Elwi, just a few more pushes you will be alright, an athletic mum like you must be strong, come on... push....and I gave birth to little Megan)
Me: Aiyo, that was long time ago, I'm stronger now, see, I can endure engorgement,nipple crack and all the pain and still breastfeeding Megan mah....
DH: Let see then...

The point is, many of my friends said not to let our DH into delivery room because the 'action' will scare them off and some even not able to consummate with their wife anymore because of the traumatic experience. I never believed them before, but , analyzing my situation, it seem make sense now, isn't it?

1 comment:

Montessorimum said...

My man was with me in the delivery all 3 times. I must say I cannot imagine giving birth without my man around giving me courage. He was there to hold my hand, say encourage words, wipe my sweat, fan me as well as dabbing wet hanky on my lips and all..I salute my mum who gave birth to me and my brother without my dad at her side (long long time, husband not allowed in delivery room)

As about consumate issue, I think no problem for my man la...but problem for me...I'm one who is very phobia of wounds and scars and my pain tolerance very low. :)