Monday, July 14, 2008

Stretch Mark

Ladies…Do you got your stretch mark after pregnancy? Most women are… Some don’t. But most of my friends got their stretch mark.

Stretch mark, the road map of pregnancy, the telltale signs carved into about 90 percent of pregnant women’s abdomens, derrieres, breasts and thighs

There’re so many creams or lotion that claims able to prevent stretch mark. Do you think they really work? Can stretch marks really be prevented? American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says NO.

Stretch marks occur when skin loses its elasticity, usually from rapid weight gain — a common occurrence, alas, when one is with child. But research has also shown that genetics and race play a role in stretch marks, nearly 80 percent of the women of color (African-American, Hispanic, and Southeast Asian, among others) said they had stretch marks.

I don’t have any after my pregnancy. I count myself lucky for it because it’s surely because I’ve inherited my mum good genes (my mummy stomach is still as smooth as baby bottom, doesn’t has any stretch mark on it after 3 children).

I didn’t use any ‘anti-stretch mark cream’ when pregnant. Because I really don’t believe in them because I thought, we can’t alter our skin elasticity just applying creams, right? So, I just put on my regular body lotion such as Jergen Classic Cherry Scent ( I was addict to it, hehe I love the scent so much).

There is also believe not to scratch you belly when it was itchy during pregnancy because the action will trigger stretch mark….Do you follow them? I don’t.

So… If got it, can it be heal? YES, by laser treatments or Retin-A especially ONLY early on when the lines are red and purple.” Studies have found that topical tretinoin can lighten stretch marks as well as reduce their size, however, no treatment can make a stretch mark go all the way back to looking like normal skin. The redness and skin texture can be reduced and even can make them more invisible but they are still there…..There are NO 'perfect' treatments for stretch mark.

But …just face it Ladies…it’s just small part of sacrificed to have a lovely healthy baby, right? Just accept them as part of our body, our process, to be a more perfect and wisdom women who able to giving birth rather then fussing up this LITTLE matter.

4 comments:

allthingspurple said...

i think first pregnancy no stretch mark wan, leh. Maybe its because in the first pregnancy, ladies has more time to lather cream and lotions and with 2nd pregnancy, they are hassle with kid and stuff? just a thought. But having seen your photo, I must agree that you have really peachy skin !

Blessed mum said...

Thank God I'm lucky enough not to have any stretch mark for all my 3 pregnancy..

But those cream does help a little, at least whenever I apply them I don't feel the tightness...

LW said...

I don't have any stretch mark on me, The pics was downloaded from internet. Hehehe.. thanks God

2xMum said...

Sigh! I'd the stretch marks! It's my first pregnancy...Dunno will get worse if have few future pregnancies or not. sigh. :(