Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Books, Where to buy??? Help!!!

I tried to buy some Kumon preschooler Workbooks for Megan , very interesting books to train her basic skill. Actually they're not expensive books, just around $5.9 to $6.9 per book but the shipping fee is really a bummer. For 5 books will cost around $29.94 send from Amazon USA so, I thought, hay there're many online book store in Indonesia, why not tried them.... and the result is None sell them.
Bummer....

I tried Kinokuniya Jakarta and also Not available.

Then, my sister introduce me to this website, an Indonesia online bookstore : www.bookopedia.com. The good news is, they have the books but the price will be not cheaper but more expensive!

If I bought directly from Amazon.com, the total fee including shipping(standard mail)cost around $55.74 (With Currency exchange now 1$= Rp 10.350) but if I bought from bookopedia.com,they will charge me around Rp. 704.000.
Even if I assume 1$ for Rp.11.000, it's still cheaper buying directly from Amazon.com. HuH!!!!
So, I patiently browse... seeking another reasonable option, I found them at Kinokuniya Malaysia, 1 book around RM 24-25.
I have already email them, asked if they do international delivery and gladly they did, but still haven't give me the detail of shipping fee yet (I asked for using Malaysia Surface mail, aka, cheaper)

Hope to get good news from them.....other wise I have to spent $29.94 for shipping only........

3 comments:

Annie Q said...

yea, i think it will be cheaper to sent from Malaysia to Indonesia.

Is your friend still coming to KL? Maybe can ask her to help? Or you want me to help?? Just let me know. :)

LW said...

Ahhhhh...my friend has already back to Medan :)
but I'm still waiting for Kinokunya reply.

Thanks Annie

etceteramommy said...

I'm getting about SGD$9 per book here but I'm not sure if the shipping will cost you a bomb. Let me know if you need any help.