Sunday, June 8, 2008

A bit about Megan


My petite naughty Megan almost 12 months now. She now can count from one to ten and spell alphabet from A to Z. My little genius baby girl. Are you kidding me? HAHA she can't barely talk. Just make sound such mamama...tatata...papapa..dadada... Sometimes with tones like singing. She is aware of music, if she heard it, she will 'dance'( you know, baby dance) If you sing a song, she will also 'dance'. DM said that she has music genes from her(DM has great voice but only family singer) Megan can show sign when she want to pee such as make 'eh' sound and tap her diaper. Also when she want to poo . She will open her arm when she want to be hold or carry but I think she is still confuse between bao-bao ( gendong/carry) and bao-bao (tummy full) because for these 2 she show same sign as tap her chest. She can show other sign, which according to my sister is normal, not genius, for baby on her age such as clap hand, bu-yau sign, ayang sign, mam-mam sign etc. She also show recognition to several objects such as clock, bear-bear, hippo, pou-cen, radio, hallo-hallo/Cell phone, door, chair, hu-tiek/butterfly, hua/flower, piano, and mostly bowl or glass with spoon which that mean food or snack.
She still walk by holding furniture which according to DF, walk like crab :) we didn't gave her baby walker because it was not advice in many baby books including dr. Sears (my bible), so she must learn her steps/ front steps by her own courage. She can walk 3-4 steps though, if she really want to.
Megan is still breast fed, not full time though, just twice daily. DM forbid me to breastfed her full time because I'm so skinny now, only 47.5kg. Before married, I was 50 kg. See, I'm skinnier now. DM said my body was 'eaten'
She sneezed a lot yesterday but still enjoyed her day because she felt it was fun each time after she sneezed, we said ' tai-kiak'(I don't know the meaning, it was often a word to said after sneeze since I was small). Then it was nightmare for me at midnight because she suffered stuffy nose and difficult to breath (with nose). I used Vapor Rub for baby but it was useless, she was tired and sleepy but can't slept. I was tired too because kept holding her and tried to comfort her. Since DH was out of town (he traveled a lot) so I must dealt it all by myself and I can't waked my parent because both already old (65-69 years old) and they need their rest. Later, after felt like ages, she ask for nennen and I notice that somehow the suckling motion seem to ease her nasal and she can breath better, so, we both felt asleep.
Today she seem a bit better after taking some medicine (which was prescribed by my aunt who is a doctor/ general practitioner). She was allowed to taste a little bite of Zhang (today is dumpling festival day or Duan Wu Jie) , a bite of steam fish mushroom and, a bite of fried-noodle and a spoon full of herbal chicken soup which she like and she 'dance' (her food is usually unsalted and ours are salted so must be more tasty lah) then resume her daily activities as usual. She is now a sleep, not too soundly because of still stuffy nose but better then yesterday. This tiring mum need her own sleep and will greet all good night and have a nice Zzzzzz (I wish)

No comments: