Monday, June 16, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

These few weeks, the weather is so hot. In my town it's around 34-35C, see... almost half boiling! Can't bear it but still can't locked myself in the room just to cooled down by air con, right? Got so many many things to do.
Why the weather is so bleak now? Hardly rain lah... if it rains, usually only a few minutes.. so making it worse and hotter.
Even Megan got biang keringat ( rash ) around his neck. And she scratched them. Poor baby. I've put on some powder on, and she'll relax for a while.
I think I'll sweat to death lah. Even not able to apply any make up, so, no make up these day. And I badly need hair cut. My hair already out of style, grown so long and stick to my neck, still can't find out time to go to salon.
DM always said that with the weather these days, she can't imagine what kind of heat our next generation will faced, she pity on our next generation. She got the point through, in their time, the land was still green, so many forest, the weather was nice. When mum was young, she never ever apply any lotion, sun block, etc, and still got very superb skin. Us? we lather on so many product on our skin, and not even near perfection as our mum's.
Sometime, I blamed on the plantation company who caused the major deforestation in Indonesia and also all the illegal logging things. Huh! Just for money, they have ruined the world ecosystem. And all people including animals and plantsfeel the impact.
Really, God please bless us and our children, some how, the things will get better ( keep dreaming)...
I think we must act, to preserve our environment. Start from our own house ( small steps lead to great result lah ).
Major problem I think is garbage which will produce methane gas and contribute to green house effect. How to reduce house rubbish?Any idea?
Second, is plastic. Do you know Plastics need 1000 years ( yes, 10 centuries) to be unravel by microorganism? I still use plastic bag to store rubbish and that I know, is bad. I read article about green bags, or bio bags ( which promised for ability to resolve or unravel in short time ) but still no clue where to buy them. I've email the seller but no reply.
I always bring my envirosaxs, my own chopstick, handkerchief, My baby use only cloth diaper and cloth wipes. I even use cloth pads now. Still it feel doesn't enough if we can't influence our surrounding to copying us...
For detergent pollution, I'm trying this soapnuts. Just got the package today, still haven't use them. I'll try them out and post it.
Oh yes, preserve water using is also is a must!
It's late, and I still feeling so hot and sweaty. Got to hide into my room again.
Good night to all

1 comment:

allthingspurple said...

yea, your area very hot, compare to malaysia, lah. ha h. We went there for my brother's wedding. Wife is Indonesian Chinese, You all very fair wan, yea? And man !!! all you guys houses are HUGE and BIG and GRAND, hot too.