Saturday, June 7, 2008

Maid- Maid (2)

Remember my previous blog about how competent my new maid (Bi AC) was? She has work for us for 3 months now and actually she has agreed to become stay-at-home maid since her hubby was merantau in Nias and only come back a few days each, so, our terms of agreement were (2 months ago) salary increase for her so she can pay her nephew to look after her house in kampung and she was allowed to go home once a week to check out her house, when her hubby is home, she will be allowed to go home twice a week. Her hubby's relatives will take care all his needs(when he returned) including cook his meal and wash clothes because they are neighbour and some of them are jobless.
It worked quite well for moments and all of sudden, yesterday (Friday) she didn't came to work (Thursday she went home after working half day) and with no news at all. I asked my other maids if they heard anything from her but both said "no".
Today, she innocently came to work as usually and didn't even mention why she didn't came yesterday until I asked. She asked me back " Didn't bi Mis (my other maid) told me that my hubby has came back from Nias?" I said "No, She didn't tell me and don't accuse her for not telling me, it's your own responsible to tell me by yourself. You can call me and told me so I didn't has to wait for you." See, she even has a cellphone but didn't even bothered to call. She didn't appologise but keep accusing bi Mis for not telling me then in the afternoon she told me that she can't stay over anymore because her hubby project in Nias is over and he'll back for good, then, i asked her how about our agreement and she just said it can't work out because her hubby want her to be home every evening to cook for him. So i said "OK, but i need stay over maid, I'm sorry but I think I'll replace you as soon as i find a new one unless you change your mind"
She went quite and I ignore her then treat her as usual. From what I heard, her hubby is jobless and as a pulang-pergi maid, her salary is quite high, Rp.500.000/ month (normally only Rp.300.000/ month). We increase it to Rp. 700.000/month if she stay over. Her job is quite simple just mop 2nd and 3 floors, play with megan when i work and rock her to nap. First floor and kitchen, we have another maid to attend ( she has been working for us for 8 years) and for washing (hand wash) and ironing clothes, we have bi Mis (she has been working for my mum for 20 years, she is old now but we don't have heart to fire her)
I always wonder, how come , mostly, bibik bibik can't point out their priorities? With jobless hubby who depend on her income, surely she is better be our stay-home maid. But their believe is to serve their husband unquestionably even mean sacrifice their own needs. No logic!
So, now, I've to start head hunting for new maid...phew... what a tiring job....

No comments: